SEASONAL CHECKLIST FROM HOMEBASE
This time of year is a busy one in the garden, it’s an ideal time to give your lawn some TLC and there’s plenty you can do to keep your boarders looking beautiful. Enrich your garden with Homebase seed range designed to nourish and promote healthy growth. It’s a great time to get your winter storage sorted, and a little forward planning now will help you get the most from your garden next year.
The experts at Homebase have put together a handy checklist of jobs you can tackle in the coming weeks, these include:
- Repair and maintain your lawn ready for the winter months or plant a new lawn with seed.
- Keep colour in your borders with late summer blooms such as Michaelmas Daisies and Verbana plants in tones of purple to pink.
- Bring gentle movement and texture to your borders with ornamental grasses.
- Add Echinacea and Rudbeckia for interest right throughout Autumn.
- Collect seeds and cuttings from healthy plans so they are ready to plant up next year.
- Plant Spring flowering blubs now to enjoy next year.
- If you have a pond, put a net over it before Autumn leaves start to fall.
- Cover leafy vegetable crops with bird proof netting.
- Put a new shed in your garden, ready for winter storage.
- Add some shelving to your new or existing shed, s you can tidy away your summer pots and furniture.